Spark AR and Frame Studio Policies
Last Modified: October 31, 2018
For the following policies, “Content” includes any text, imagery, icons, effects, or other material submitted to, and/or published from, Spark AR or Frame Studio.
Ensure your Content:
- When publishing to Facebook, complies with our Community Standards, and all applicable laws, statutes, and regulations.
- When publishing to Instagram, complies with the Instagram Icon Guidelines, the Instagram Community Guidelines and Brand Guidelines. In addition, please ensure:
- Instagram icons consist of 20 alpha-numeric characters or fewer, including spaces, currency, punctuation, and certain typography.
- Content complies with the following text restrictions:
- Text and logos only appear as natural parts of the effect (ex: logos on a jersey) and is not part of an overlay.
- Text is limited to one logo or short catchphrase (less than a sentence).
- Text does not obscure any part of the face.
- Is suitable for consumption by the Facebook and Instagram general user base (i.e., thirteen and above).
- Is not shocking, sensational, disrespectful, or excessively violent.
- Does not promote illegal products, services or activities, or Content that is inappropriate or unsafe.
- Does not promote adult Content (ex: nudity, depictions of people in explicit or suggestive positions, or activities that are overly suggestive or sexually provocative).
- Does not discriminate against, harass, provoke, or disparage people.
- Does not promote online gambling, online real money games of skill, or online lotteries.
- Does not use photographs of people, real or fictional.
- Does not infringe upon or violate the rights of any third party, including copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity, or other personal or proprietary rights.
- Does not include effects that block or cover most of the image, unless the effects are necessary to transform the image, such as a mask.
- Does not contain Content that is spammy, misleading, or deceptive.
- Does not portray nonexistent functionality, such as a play button.
- Does not include any links off the platform, such as scannable codes or QR codes.
- Complies with all applicable campaign and election disclosure laws and regulations.